General Delivery Information
Thank you for visiting the Mitre website. We take a lot of care in the quality of our products, and want you to be happy with the service you get from us.
All orders placed on the Mitre website are made subject to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss for such products passes to you upon our delivery to the carrier. If you have received confirmation of shipping but your products have not arrived, please ensure that you have allowed sufficient time according to the estimated delivery times provided to you on your shipping confirmation email.
Please note Mitre currently only offers Delivery to UK and European (members of the European Economic Area) addresses. We offer both standard and express delivery to the UK only. Your order will be carefully packaged and despatched to you and delivered within the timeframe of the delivery option you have chosen. Once your order has been handed over to our nominated carrier, you will receive a confirmation email.
In most cases carriers do not operate or deliver on Bank Holidays or weekends. All prices shown are inclusive of UK VAT.
Guaranteed Next Day Delivery (Orders placed by 1:30pm) - £3.95
This service includes the United Kingdom mainland, Northern Ireland, and the Scottish Highlands. We strive to have your order with you for the next working day, providing your order is placed and processed by 1:30pm. A signature will normally be required on arrival. You are able to nominate an alternative delivery address (such as your place of work) at the time of ordering, if this is more convenient for you. Where delivery isn't possible, the parcel will be taken to your nearest DPD sorting office and you will receive a card explaining how to recover your delivery from the sorting office and collect your order when convenient.
Standard Delivery (3-5 days) - Free
This service includes the United Kingdom mainland, Northern Ireland, and the Scottish Highlands. We aim to have any items you have ordered, delivered to you free of charge within 3-5 working days. A signature will normally be required on arrival. You are able to nominate an alternative delivery address (such as your place of work) at the time of ordering, if this is more convenient for you. Where delivery isn't possible, the parcel will be taken to your nearest DPD sorting office and you will receive a card explaining how to recover your delivery from the sorting office and collect your order when convenient.
Personalised Ball UK Delivery (3-5 days) - Free
This service only relates to orders that include Personalised Footballs. We aim to have the Personalised Football and any other items you may have ordered with it, delivered to you free of charge within 3-5 working days.
Prices for delivery to addresses in Europe (EEA) will depend on the country of delivery selected and will be displayed on the checkout page. If we receive your order by 1.00pm (GMT/BST) on a working day, we will despatch your order the same day. Delivery should take place within 14 days, but please allow up to 30 days for personalised products.
Where delivery isn't possible, the parcel will be taken to your nearest DPD sorting office (within the UK) or to the couriers depot (EU orders) and you will receive a card explaining how to recover your delivery from the sorting office and collect your order when convenient. You will be advised which location on the attempted delivery notification card the carrier leaves at the delivery address.
Please note that personalised goods cannot be exchanged or refunded unless faulty. We will not accept returns for personalised goods which have the incorrect spelling at the time of order confirmation. If the error is due to Mitre we will exchange or refund the goods in line with our returns procedure.
You may also return goods found to be faulty under the terms of the Mitre Product Guarantee. It is essential for both hygiene and for a thorough assessment that faulty items are returned to us in a clean, dry and presentable fashion. We appreciate that due to the nature of the usage of our products, soiling will occur. However, we would ask you to consider that these products must be handled by our staff in order to carry out examination and any subsequent repairs. We reserve the right to refuse an inspection if the products are returned in a state unfit for handling. We trust you agree that this is a reasonable request.
For returns from within the UK Mitre will pay the cost of the return shipping. For goods returned from outside the UK you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods. In any event Mitre will pay the costs of returning any faulty goods based on our standard postal charges that we charge on Mitre.com. To return products from outside the UK please complete a returns form that can be found here and send this back with the goods. In all cases, you must obtain a 'proof of posting' from whichever carrier you choose to use, as undelivered items cannot be refunded.
Upon receipt of a faulty item, an inspection takes place. If we agree that the fault falls within the Mitre Product Guarantee, then the item will either be replaced or repaired free of charge with 14 days. We reserve the right to reject returned goods which are not returned in accordance with our returns policy, and we may request that you pay for the shipping of such goods back to you. Mitre will pay only cover subsequent re-delivery costs (if applicable) if the return is as a result of our error or if the goods are faulty.
When you receive products you have ordered, we recognise that you will want to try them on to ensure the fit and feel of the item is as you envisaged. Many of our products are worn next to the skin, so please bear this in mind when trying them on, as this may affect our ability to offer you a refund should you decide to return the item, and we subsequently find the item is not in a fully re-saleable condition.
Mitre Product Guarantee
Mitre products carry a full 6 month (or 2 years in the case of the Super Simple football) guarantee to the original purchaser against defects in components, materials, and workmanship. The guarantee excludes the personalisation element of personalised footballs, which is not guaranteed to last the lifespan of the football. The guarantee also excludes damage caused by normal wear and tear, accidents, inappropriate use or care and repair other than by Mitre or its agents. Mitre may provide you with a full refund, or repair or replace any guaranteed item according to the returns process set out below. All claims should be made in writing. This guarantee gives no rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claims for consequential losses or damages. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Returns & Exchanges Process
1. We can only issue you with a refund or exchange if the item(s) purchased are in a fully re-saleable condition (excludes faulty items).
2. Please ensure that items returned also have their original packaging and that the items are in a fully re-saleable condition, and have any swing-tickets still attached (excludes faulty items). Faulty items must be in a clean and dry condition.
3. Labelling - for UK returns you will find a self-adhesive returns address label on your delivery note. Please affix this to the outside of your returns package, ensuring that any other carrier labels are struck-through with a marker pen. This Royal Mail returns label is pre-paid by Mitre. For European returns outside of the UK you must fill out the attached form found here and send this back with the goods. You must clearly mark 'RETURNED GOODS: GB MERCHANDISE FOR REFUND/EXCHANGE' before returning to -
EU E-COMMERCE RETURN
GLOBAL STAR HOUSE
WAKEFIELD 41 INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
4. We recommend you obtain proof of posting as we cannot issue refunds for items we do not receive.
5. Complete the returns or exchanges section of the delivery note, and ensure it is returned with the goods. If you are returning faulty goods and have misplaced or thrown-away your delivery note, please write your personal details, order number, and reason for returning the item onto a sheet of paper and include this within the package.
6. Please ensure your returns package is packed and sealed securely.
7. All returns will be refunded to you via your original form of payment once they have been received and inspected at our distribution centre. Please allow up to fourteen (14) days for the credit to appear on your statement.
8. Upon receipt of a faulty item, an inspection takes place. If we agree that the fault falls within the Mitre Product Guarantee, then you will be refunded in full, or the item will be replaced or repaired free of charge (according to your requested remedy). Please note the UK returns form is on the reverse of your delivery note that arrives with your parcel. If, for any reason, you misplace your returns label, please email us at email@example.com