Mitre Sports International Limited and/or any of its subsidiaries or associated companies ("Mitre", "we", "our" or "us") takes its relationship with all our users seriously, and this includes how we handle the data you give us.
1. When do we collect personal information? Once you have logged in, the Website is free for you to browse through and read. We only ask for your personal information for the following purposes;
•If you want to take part in a prize draw or competition ("Competition");
•If you want to create or update your personal profile;
•If you engage in live chat;
•If you want to contact us, send us an email or offer feedback; or
•If you want to receive Mitre news and exclusive offers via email.
We only collect personal information (such as your name and address details) if you choose to provide that information to us in response to our request. We may collect and process the following data about you:
•Your contact details;
•Your responses to questionnaires;
•Comments made in online discussions;
•Photos or videos uploaded to the Website or emailed as part of a specific activity;
•Comments you make in emails; or
2. What do we do with the information? Providing personal information is up to you. We collect personally identifiable information to enter you in contests and notify you of results, to email you with updates, news and special offers, to respond to your questions or comments, to register you for certain features on the Website.
As with all forms of marketing and opinion research, your cooperation is voluntary at all times. No personal information is sought from or about you, without your prior knowledge and agreement. You are entitled at any stage of completing an activity, or subsequently, to ask that part or all of the record of your data be destroyed or deleted.
Mitre (and those persons or companies who help manage this Website, its content and its services, including but not limited to Pentland Brands and Pentland Group employees) will process and use your personal information in order to respond to your feedback – for example to respond to problems, improve our services and gear what we do to suit your requirements further.
Beyond this we will not share your information with any other company without your consent unless we are required to do so by law, or if you have made a request for specific information. If you give us consent then we may share your information with our partners, subsidiaries or subsidiary companies in order that they can contact you with information, promotions, products, services, and offers that may be interesting to you.
We will never sell your information to any other company.
3. What do we do to safeguard personal information? We have instituted safeguards to check that our internal procedures meet our high policy standards. We also use our best efforts to be sure that third parties who work with us as our agents to make this Website and its contents available to you, and to fulfil your requests, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our Website and our visitors. We limit access to personal information about you to those persons who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
4. Asking your permission? If you register on the Website we ask you to let us know if you would like to receive further information or updates from us via email. We will only send you an email update if you request to receive it. We don't want to bombard your inbox, so the most updates we will send you is one a week - but normally it is only one every fortnight or less. (We might send you a more frequent update if a really cool event or offer is coming up that you might be interested in).
5. How to unsubscribe? We always provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving communication via email. Mitre's policy is to allow users to unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time. You can do this by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you've received. Alternatively, you can email us at enquiries@Mitre.com with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line. However, should you experience any problems, please call our Customer Service team who will assist you.
If you have sent a message asking us to stop sending you emails and this hasn't happened, it may be because the email address to which we are sending them is not the same as the address you sent your request from. Please check the address we are using and include this information in your request. The easiest way to do this is to return the whole of the unwanted email to us. The address we are sending to is included at the bottom of the message.
6. IP Addresses - We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information on the number of visitors to the Website. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use tracking cookies. These help us to remember your information and settings when you visit our website in the future. This results in a faster and more convenient access and may enhance your experience of services or functions we offer. These cookies remain on your hard drive until you delete them or they expire (they have varying expiry dates, going up to two years).
We also use web analytics cookies to help us understand what content is most useful to our visitors. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure that users are finding what they need easily.
Our cookies do not keep personally identifiable information. None of the data we get from cookies will contain information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, email, or any other means. Tracking is limited to this site and is not shared with third party advertisers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. Disclosure of your information - We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
•In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
•If Mitre or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
10. Your Rights - The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
11. What do we do to safeguard personal information? We have instituted safeguards to check that our internal procedures meet our high policy standards. We also use our best efforts to be sure that third parties who work with us as our agents to make the Website and its contents available to you, and to fulfil your orders and requests, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our Website and our visitors. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
12. Links to other Websites - We offer links to other websites we use and recommend. However, we are not responsible for the content or information collection policies of websites operated by other companies. If you visit another website, we advise you to review their privacy and other policies.
14. Anything else I should know? Except as otherwise provided, we will NOT disclose any information processed by us to any third party, unless required to do so by law. If you would like us to access information we have about you, please contact us at Mitre Sports International Limited, The Pentland Centre, Lakeside, Squires Lane, Finchley, London, N3 2QL, England.
All text, images, animation, videos, music, sounds, website design graphics, text selections, arrangements (excluding Competition entries) and all software are copyright © Mitre Sports International Limited 2018.
MITRE, the Comet Device, the Delta Device and the M Logo are registered trade marks of Mitre Sports International Limited.
The product images used on this Website are for reference purposes only. They are representations of apparel, footwear and accessory styles and we reserve the right to alter styles or colours without prior notice.
For further details email Mitre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also write to us at:
Mitre Sports International Limited
The Pentland Centre
© Mitre Sports International Limited 2018. All Rights Reserved.